My family and I are proud to call Cupertino our home. We’ve had the pleasure of living here and being active participants in our local community for over 23 years. Our daughter is a graduate of Cupertino’s excellent public school system. I too am a product of local schools. I took business pre-requisite courses at De Anza College and received my MBA from San Jose State University.
In 2014, you elected me to the Cupertino City Council. Subsequently, in 2016, I served as your Vice Mayor. Due to years of work on transportation issues, with two years on the VTA Policy Advisory Committee, I was appointed to serve on the Board of the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA).
Last year, I was privileged to serve as Mayor of Cupertino. As Mayor, I was honored to attend over 50 events involving each of Cupertino’s diverse ethnic groups. Currently, I am serving on Airplane Noise Relief Committees, which include FAA, SJC Airport, and Cities Association.
It is my passion to work for the well-being of Cupertino residents. For this reason, I continue to serve on City Council and seek your vote to re-elect me this November.
Healthy communities are built through our residents’ active participation. Even with my City Council duties I am deeply involved in community activities; remaining accessible to you and listening to your feedback.
- Member, Cupertino City Council (2014-present)
- Board of Directors, VTA – Valley Transportation Authority (2016-18)
- Mayor, City of Cupertino (2016-17)
- Vice Mayor, City of Cupertino (2015-16)
- Policy Advisory Board, VTA – Valley Transportation Authority (2015-16)
- President of the Rotary Club of Cupertino (2013-14); Member since 2007
- Cupertino Rotary Endowment Board (2010-present)
- Community Leader of the Year, Silicon Valley DECA (2010)
- De Anza College Commissioner (2008-present)
- Board of West Valley Community Services (2007-12)
- Program Coordinator/Chair of Cupertino Rotary Fall Festival (2007-10, 2011)
- Supported Lunar New Year Unity Day Parade (2007-08)